The MAGIC-Chronic software program is a computer-based, decision-support tool that helps clinicians more clearly identify heavy consumers of healthcare resources and social services in a given region and accurately retrieve the information required to better care for these vulnerable individuals. This IT solution also allows users of a given facility to understand and measure the impact of repeat consumers of care, which assists in determining the corrective action initiatives to take.
The MAGIC-Chronic solution makes it possible to:
- Assess the local impact of repeat visits to the ED and multiple hospital stays
- Identify chronically ill patients or heavy consumers of healthcare and track their progress
- Benefit from an integrated clinical performance approach
- Use indicators for tracking frequent consumers, along with automated alerts and follow-up of patient cohorts
- Assess the savings per heavy healthcare consumer patient through summary reports that outline the reasons for such consumption
- Proactively manage complex cases
- Monitor heavy healthcare consumers using rigorous and proven methodologies
- Enjoy renewed collaboration with family physicians and community pharmacists.